Hours of operation
9:00am – 10:00pm
Compal Hall is closed the second Monday of every month.
Compal Hall yearly holiday schedule
* When the second Monday of the month is a national holiday, Compal Hall will be closed the following business day.
Compal Hall is closed from December 28th to January 3rd the following year.
Front desk reception
The front desk is open 9am – 5pm.
Applications – For people using the Oita city public facilities registration system
Applying during the lottery period
- Lottery applications can be made during the 1st and 3rd of the 6th month prior to using the facilities. Applications are made through the Internet, etc.
- If your application is selected and you are registered for bank transfer, the reservation process is complete. The fee will be withdrawn from your account on the 15th of the following month.
- If your application is selected and you are paying in cash, please visit the front desk to pay your fees between the 4th and 8th of the same month.
Applying after the lottery period
- Reservations can be made starting the 4th of the 6th month prior to using the facilities until 2 days before using the facilities.
- The reservation process is complete if you are registered for bank transfer. The fee will be withdrawn from your account on the 15th of the following month.
- If you are paying in cash, please visit the front desk to pay your fees within 5 days of your application. However, if you will use the facilities within 5 days, you need to pay by the day before using the facilities.
Applications – General
- Reservations can be made starting the 4th of the 6th month prior to using the facilities until 2 days before using the facilities. Please pay when you apply.
- Please consult the front desk if you will use the facilities over a period spanning the last day of 6 months from now and the 1st day of 7 months from now.
Applying for large-scale events
- Large-scale events are when you use the Culture Hall or Multipurpose Hall for a whole day or more, or the entire gymnasium from 9am to 5pm.
- You can make reservations at the front desk between the 10th and 20th of the 7th month prior to the event. (If the hall is closed on 20th, you can reserve the 21st). If you want to reserve the facility over a period spanning the last day of 7 months from now and the 1st day of 8 months from now, please ask at the front desk.
〒870-0021 1-5-38 Funai-cho, Oita city, Oita, Japan
By train – Get off at Oita station
By bus – 5-minute walk from the Oita station bus stop
- Underground parking – 8:30am – 10pm
- Outdoor parking – 24hours
- Underground parking – ¥100/30 minutes (free for the first 30 minutes)
- Outdoor parking – ¥100/30 minutes from 8am to 10pm (free for the first 30 minutes)
- ¥100/60 minutes from 10pm to 8am (maximum ¥700 for night parking)
Parking lot capacity
- Underground parking – 135 vehicles
- Outdoor parking – 40 vehicles
- Parking lot capacity – 225 bicycles
Permitted vehicle types
- Height – 2.2m
- Length – 5.0m
- Width – 2.0m